It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:07 pm

NXT Weekly Discussion Thread 7/20/2010 

Post NXT Weekly Discussion Thread 7/20/2010
Thread is now open for discussion.

- The second WWE Universe/Pros poll is coming up soon. What will the rookies do tonight to impress?

- After Percy Watson's attempted assault on his mentor MVP last week, what will the WWE pros have to say?

Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:58 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Post Re: NXT Weekly Discussion Thread 7/20/2010
I say eiher Cottonwood or Harris to go home tonight, just as long as my man Kaval and McGuillicutty are alive, I want one of them two to win, but if it came right down to it, Kaval is long overdue for big time success.

Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:04 pm
Profile E-mail

A meh episode tonight, but then again Low-Ki didn't get to wrestler. I like how he sold himself as having the talent to go against the best, and the fans can make it happen.

And after seeing him and his pros Laycool since the start, I think it works. They have done a lot of actually sell him properly and not make him look like a fool. I'm liking it so far, and even if he "loses" NXT, they could book it that Laycool liked him so much that they hired him in some fashion.

Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:00 pm
Profile E-mail

WZ isn't working today, so I'm going to be free-handing these.

- Cody Rhodes & Husky Harris def. MVP & Percy Watson

- Throughout the show, Matt Striker asked the Rookies and Pros why each one should stay.

- Alex Riley def. Lucky Cannon

- Michael McGuilicutty won the Obstacle Course and immunity from the next elimination

Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:23 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Watching Michael and Kaval in that obstacle course was awesome, the way Michael cleared those walls was amazingly similar to his dad clearing the top rope, and Kaval, well he was just Kaval. Those army push ups just made him look that much tougher.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:31 am
Profile E-mail

Kaval's military pushups were epic. I think if the cart had weighed just a little less he'd have beaten MMcG's time. Lucky's pushups were terrible. Why didn't he have to do them over? Overall an ok show, I guess I misread what time the elimination is. The announcers kept making it sound like it was two different times. :S

Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:17 am
Profile E-mail

Husky Harris has grown on me. At first, I was slightly disturbed by him b/c of his weight. He reminded me of the fat version "Adorable" Adrian Adonis. Now getting to see him work in the ring, I would like to see him on the main roster. His look is different, and he gives off that inkling that he's about ready to blow a gasket under that slow, Southern demeanor. Now ultimately, I don't think he's going to win the show, but I think he should be around for a few more weeks.

Lucky Cannon or Eli Cottonwood have to go. Cannon reminds me of a jobber version of Stevie Richards, and Cottonwood makes me think of Giant Gonzales with an Al Snow gimmick.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:58 pm
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

---------
There are a lot more potential call ups from this roster than Season One's. Many from season one are up there for the story and nothing more, but from Season Two, at least 4 wrestlers are showing huge potential, with a 5th out there as well.

Husky Harris has the unique look to stick out, and a style and character a bit different today. He might even be able to get past the idiotic name.

Kaval is, well, Kaval. Need I say more?

Alex Reilly looks and sounds impressive. A little bland, but WWE doesn't hate bland. In the end, his size and overall talent could get him far.

Michael McGuillicutty just has that look. That WWE look. And seems to have the talent to back it up. He surely has the lineage, and WWE loves lineage.

And Pearcy Watsons. He's just fun, and WWE could use a good comedic jobber on SD.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:42 pm
Profile E-mail